cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing problems, can't get through to anyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently renewed my contract with O2 and got £150 cashback (credited to my account). I'm not getting angry messages saying I haven't paid my bill.

I used the online chat to speak to an advisor and was told I'd still need to make the payment, but I could make it on account through the usual means.

I logged on to My02, but in the payment section was prompted for card details. So I phoned them up. Same deal, prompted for card details.

So I phoned them up again, and selected an option to talk to an advisor. I was put on hold for a few minutes, then disconnected.

So I went back online and tried to speak to someone on the chat. Every time I try, it tells me that nobody is available to talk to me.

So I go to the 'contact us' section and there is no email address or anythign I can send them a message I know will be read, except for a correspondance address. Is this really my only way of getting them to stop hassling me about the bill? I have to buy a peice of paper and an envelope and stamp?

I'm half tempted to just wait for them to cut me off and then try and hold them in breach of contract. Does anyone know where I'd stand legally in that case? They have £150 of mine on account, and have made it impossible for me to pay and have resisted every attempt I've yet made to get in touch with them!

Or am I just being an idiot and there's a button somewhere I'm missing that let's me pay the bill?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Is your account showing as £150 in credit as payment would normally be taken from that. Possibly it's not been credited yet?

There is an email link in my signature directly below.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't see any reference to the credit on my portal, but when I spoke to them on the chat (not always the most reliable information source, somehow), they said that the amount was on my account, but that I would have to manually apply it every month.

Which did seem strange, admittedly. Maybe they were just talking out the wrong hole.

Ty for the email link and prompt reply!

Message 3 of 3