cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I bought an monthly sim deal online, the billing period started immedately from the date the bought the sim but I haven't even received the sim yet. There is also a prodata charge for the extra day of the month. It does not make sense to start the billing date from the date when I cannot even use the service (no simcard). I understand this could be automatic billing thing from your system, but when I talked to the live chat person, he/she told me there is no way to postpone the billing period, nor she/he provided any solution for this problem. The answers were pretty robotic. Is there anyway to start the billing period from the date I start using the sim or from a desired date? or some sort of credit for the period without the sim. Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, if you call CS on 202 when you receive the sim, they will sort it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, if you call CS on 202 when you receive the sim, they will sort it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Call them and they will adjust your bill for you. Forget chat for this.....

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine also started from the day I ordered my sim but don't forget that the day the bill is due it usually takes around 7-10 days after that the money is taken out the bank. My billing date is around 26 ish but they don't take the money till around the 6th. You can also check my o2 for this info.

Also as stated above you can move your bill date to a different date.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The payment is taken 14 days after the bill date.

Message 5 of 5