cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does Up Front Payment Return?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I took out a monthly contract on an Ipad Air 2 in early January. As my credit rating wasn't good enough I had to pay £550 up front which would be returned after 3 sucessful payments have been made.

I've now made those three payments so am wondering how my money will be returned? Does it automatically go back into my account or will I have to ask or apply for it to be returned. This wasn't made clear in the contract.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You can ask CS to apply it as a credit on your account (so you don't pay any bills until it's used up) or return it to the card/bank account it came from.
Call CS on 202 to discuss your choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You can ask CS to apply it as a credit on your account (so you don't pay any bills until it's used up) or return it to the card/bank account it came from.
Call CS on 202 to discuss your choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous welcome to the community slight_smile was this taken out from an o2 shop or a 3rd party deal with carpgone warehouse e.c.t? As I cant find the deal you got on o2 website.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous welcome to the community slight_smile was this taken out from an o2 shop or a 3rd party deal with carpgone warehouse e.c.t? As I cant find the deal you got on o2 website.

It's a security deposit mate, not a deal you'll find listed.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh right sounded to me like a cash back deal I got offered from cpw were u get the money back after every so often sry

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

It's a requested upfront deposit which is returned normally via a credit on the account on the fourth bill. As said you can request it to be returned directly to your accountand there used to be an online form (there still is) to request it but I'm unsure if it's still valid or not. Is it possible you could find out @Toby ?

Credit Refund

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous 

Deposit will be credited back on the fourth bill after deposit paid (providing you are not in arrears).

As for the refund link it will only work after the credit has been applied, which it hasn't.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

It's still an active form that can be used then @Anonymous ? Obviously the very nature of the form is specific to the account being in credit.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, as long as there is a credit on the account it can be used.

But in this case the Op is going to have to wait for the next bill.If it's not there, call CS, they will ask for the credit to be applied and refunded, if this is what the Op wants. If not it will just stay in credit on the account and the Op will not have a bill to pay for a long,long time..£500 is a lot of credit!Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 9