cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill paid on time but o2 have restricted my 'phone!!!

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Prior to leaving home for a few days last week, I paid my 2 o2 accounts online on the date they were due.   Paid both separately and after them being 'verified by Visa' got 2 reference numbers as receipts of payment.

The day after I received a 'reminder' on one of my 'phones to pay the bill.   Two days later they restricted my outgoing calls and they are still restricted nearly a week later.

Upon returning home I contacted 'Chat' who despite me giving them the receipt number 3 times said the bill remains unpaid.  

As my 'phone is important to me I checked O2 first.   I do not use online banking, so will need to wait to Monday to check my bank to see if this payment went out.

My point is, have o2 broken my Contract?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's not right that your credit file should be affected if the error is down to O2.

Bear in mind that all telephone conversations are recorded and you can ask for a transcript of the call.

I would make an official complaint and also request that any note on your credit file is removed.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd phone them if I were you.

I've had this happen to me once. Just phone them and quote the reference numbers:)

Your references are defiantly confirmations?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No, O2 have not broken your contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 11

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How Come?

(if) I don't pay they stop my service, eventually I am deemed to have broken my Contract and they permanently stop service and demand full payment for the length of the Contract remaining?

(fact) I pay on time, get an official receipt number, they fail (for whatever reason) to set this payment against my bill, and restrict my 'phone.   Eventually they will say as above!

Surely failure to process a correctly received and receipted payment which causes lose of service, a decision by them, not an unforeseen event, is indeed a breaking of Contract.  

Seems straight foreward to me, or, as usually the case, one rule for me and another for them, they hold all the aces.   How would that work out in Court I wonder?

Message 5 of 11

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

........not to mention a black mark on my credit file for a non/late payment!!

Message 6 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It sounds like an administration error which they should be able to sort out for you.

It doesn't follow you can just walk away from the contract you agreed on.

Don't use online chat, speak to them directly.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 11

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The reason I use chat is because I have 'proof' of what was said, I have fallen foul of 'talking on the 'phone' a couple of times now when they tried to deny what was said, until I pulled out a witness because I made the call from an O2 shop and made the manager listen to the call!!

I have now paid my bill for the second time, suffered a loss of service, a late payment on my credit history, all because of 'an administration error'.   I do not get paid to have to sort out their errors, they have people who they employ and pay a wage to, to do that!!

I am not trying to walk away from my Contract, just trying to ascertain how much responsibility they take or not, as the case may be, for their actions, and it would appear, the answer to that question is NIL.

This is simply not good enough.

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's not right that your credit file should be affected if the error is down to O2.

Bear in mind that all telephone conversations are recorded and you can ask for a transcript of the call.

I would make an official complaint and also request that any note on your credit file is removed.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 9 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I must admit because I don't use DD I sometimes miss my bill date by a week or so.

I am yet to have any black marks against my name •touch wood•

Jonsie is correct get in contact with them prevention is a lot easier than curing a black mark on your credit rating:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 11