cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2 at end of minimum term

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone 4 contract with O2, of which My O2 says the renewal date is 29th December (taken out on 30th December 2010.) I'd like to switch over to GiffGaff at the end of the contract, as I need unlimited data due to a change of circumstances. My O2 also says that I can upgrade from 30th November. I have paid line rental up until 2nd November, so will be billed on 3rd November for 3rd Nov - 2nd Dec and on 3rd Dec up until the end of the contract.

When should I request the PAC so that I don't end up paying an extra month? Once I've paid for the minimum term, £32 for 300 mins (which I don't need due to the same change of circumstances, but I am unable to switch this down as I have already switched from the 600 mins tariff,) unlimited texts and 500MB of data isn't a good deal at all.

Also, I've so far heard that I do and don't need to give 30 days notice in writing to cancel as I will be requesting a PAC. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Give 30 days notice on the 29th November and request a PAC. When you use the PAC that effectively ends your contract and you will be sent a final bill. This could be a credit for any unused allowances.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Give 30 days notice on the 29th November and request a PAC. When you use the PAC that effectively ends your contract and you will be sent a final bill. This could be a credit for any unused allowances.

Message 2 of 2