cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware leaving O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having had zero coverage since moving I sought a PAC code which was itself a bit of a trial. I had no issues with O2 before just the phone did not work.

Got the PAC, went to new provider and yes, surprise surprise, O2 had not unlocked MY phone. Quoted on wednesday, 72 hours to release it (WHY?) and am still waiting. I could live with the delay but never understand why a pac code did not also release MY equipment from the service. Regrettably we are midst family illness crisis and I am desperate. I have called on the "chat live" gizmo twice and on each occasion promised 1, "It is being treated as urgent". 2, "I have spoken to my manager and it will be released in 2 hours".

3 days later, still waiting. 3rd attempt for help was greeted with " I can process an unlock for you but it will take 72 hours" What after 3 days already?

O2 you are employing staff that lie and you effectively take peoples property. In any other business that would be called theft. What a disappointment after years of good service. Just want everyone else to realise who we are dealing with.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry to hear you've had problems but using a PAC has never unlocked a phone.

Have you tried rebooting the phone with another network's sim in it?

Although they say up to 72 hours most are done very quickly.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
There are many threads criticising o2s various practises of late you're not alone don't worry.

Try using the call centers they will be much better equipped to help. Live chat is a farce on the majority its doubtful they have even registered the unlock process.

May I just clarify you use unlocked and PAC interchangeably which is the one holding you up?

PAC code enables a transfer of your phone number.

An unlock enables your phone to use different network sims in it.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope things go swiftly for you and that your current family crisis passes.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Liquid, It is the unlock I am awaiting. What grates is the injustice of it all. It's 2 fingers up to you Mr customer!
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Patently not quickly in my case and why not combine unlock and pac? One is pretty useless without the other. Perhaps you need to be a celeb to get service nowadays
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not everyone needs to unlock their handset when wanting to move Networks as often they are starting a new contract so get a new phone anyway ,and either hand down theirs to a family member or friend or simply sell it.

Some from CPW are already unlocked.

My iPhone 5 is unlocked as I purchased it from Apple so I wouldn't require an unlocking process.
Message 7 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Makes sense to offer both simultaneously on contracts through a provider I agree.

Have you tried the unlock form yourself? When I did it I had a reply a few hours later saying it was unlocked.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Saves mucking around with chat. Even if the process has started filling in the form won't affect it don't worry:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried three times now to have my phone unlocked and am in a similar situation in that I am now overseas so online chat seems to be my only option.

They 'apologise' yet do nothing!

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions