Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged on not even with the network

SallyTurner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I cancelled my contract with them 2 months ago. Yet to be charged a month later, rung up again and someone assured me they’d cancelled it again. Been charged again whenever I try to phone up about it the auto answer machine tells me to look online. I want my money back and this payment to stop being taken. The amount of hours I’ve spent trying to sort this out is unbelievable.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@SallyTurner We are all customers and can only point you to customer service. 0800 587 4005 seems to be the best number to try from the ones in the link below.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edit: You can also lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @SallyTurner , just wanted to check how you're getting on since you last posted. I was sorry to read that you were having trouble getting your contract cancellation sorted earlier. Let us know if you need any futher help.

To add to @Bambino 's advice above, if you're still struggling with this and haven't made an official complaint, I'm happy to get someone on our end to take a closer look at the issue and help get it sorted.

Message 3 of 7

Sausagebutty
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I discovered recently that a contract i cancelled 4 years ago was still being charged. Cannot seem to speak to anyone about getting any money back

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Try calling on the number posted by @Bambino @Sausagebutty (0800 587 4005).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in all probabilty you wont get a refund, as your bank will tell you, its your responsibility to check your bank statements / account for any errors and omissions, and not noticing for 4 years i think you need to write it off and down to experience.

You may get a goodwill gesture but i wouldn't count on it.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Sausagebutty
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice I have been promised 4 months payments back. Its not 4 years but better than nowt. 

Lesson learned. check bank statements carefully always. 

Message 7 of 7