cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for long call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hope someone can advise!

I recently switched to O2 sIMPLICITY(500 TEXTS and 100mins). I have a LG KP500Q --quite old.

My call balance suddenly went down to 7 mins -- so phoned O2.

According to o2 I made a 1hr 20min call, I know I didn't but how to prove to o2.

When I check my phone call history the call was 57 secs. I did have a strange problem a few mins after the 57 sec call though where I tried to phone my home landline 5 times but couldn't get through it just kept saying Call ended. Each of these attempts would have been when I supposedly was on a 1 hr 20 min call to my aunts landline. What is going on? is it my phone as O2 Customer services insist?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like the phone didn't disconnect the call from the network. You must of had suspicions of something not being correct though when you tried to call your landline? Have you had any problems since? You could try removing battery and SIM and rebooting to a clean network signal just in case it was a glitchy connection......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like the phone didn't disconnect the call from the network. You must of had suspicions of something not being correct though when you tried to call your landline? Have you had any problems since? You could try removing battery and SIM and rebooting to a clean network signal just in case it was a glitchy connection......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks -- I had made a few short calls during the week with no problem -- but I haven't made any calls since I found I had only have 7mins left. I didn't realise at the time anything was wrong I just wanted to call home and couldn't.

I will try removing battery etc but don't trust the phone/network anymore!

Message 3 of 3