cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I recently enabled the data option on my stepmothers smartphone. She is on an old "Online simplicity 10 12 month" package which I thought meant 300 minutes, unltd txts and 100mb data allowance. However for the past 2 months she's been charged £40+ per month rather than the usual £11.

I can see from the online bill breakdown that the additional charges are for data @ 85p/day. Can someone please explain why she's being charged for data when as far as I can see it's included in her allowances? After looking in to it a bit more thoroughly it may appear that she has an limit of 100mb data/day but that this isn't included in her allowance, which seems a bit disingenuous when looking at the below.

Your help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Something isn't right.
Your screenshot clearly shows almost 100mb of data remaining so there should not be any daily charge until that is used up.
I'd give CS a call to see if they have an explanation for you.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

There will be the inclusive allowance but with smartphones these days 100mb won't last the week so the web daily £1 would come into effect taking that amount every 24 hours 

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would accept that had she gone over the 100MB allowance, however the charges show less than 1MB usage for each individual day and this is no surprise as all she uses is WhatsApp (I've disabled Play store updates over mobile data etc).

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but the web daily is a £1 a day if mobile data is switched on so I'd advise turning mobile data off then she won't be charged 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is no inclusive 100MB allowance on this package, is that what you're saying? 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

There will be if it is included in the tariff but once the 100mb is used then they will charge you each day for data usage. You can either buy bolt on's or change the tariff once a month through myo2 

Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Something isn't right.
Your screenshot clearly shows almost 100mb of data remaining so there should not be any daily charge until that is used up.
I'd give CS a call to see if they have an explanation for you.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2.JPGBeing charged for data as well when I have a monthly free allowance of 100mb per month

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2data.JPG

Message 9 of 9