Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred Phone - Dreadful Customer Service

AmandaS
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Any help appreciated. Barred phone as I had left in a shop - lucky gir me phone had been handed in and so asked to be unbarred. This was over the weekend 3/4th August. Despite repeat guru chats, visiting O2 shops and speaking to customer services barr has not been lifted. I am absolutely appalled by this, and promises to sort out being unreliable, being an emergency contact for a sick relative on this number. I missed a call for them today. All checks done so sim works in other phones. Any tips to get this sorted out please.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmandaS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks Marjo. All sorted now after platinum gurus got involved. Phone was broken somehow in the barring process and had to be replaced.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

AmandaS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry must correct my spelling. My phone was lost but now found. Sim perfectly ok. Repeated calls to gurus and customer services. How do I escalate and get the problem resolved?
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions

Maybe @Marjo can help you but otherwise, you need to keep calling customer services.

Marjo will probably not be around until tomorrow now but I'm sure she will contact you then. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions

I'm sure @Marjo can get someone to look into this for you but I was always under the impression that it can take up to a week to remove an IMEI bar.

Message 4 of 7

AmandaS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the replies. I’ve had 4 or 5 lengthy guru chats, visited an 02 store in person and spoken to customer services 3 times yesterday. The last person I spoke to said that his email request to unbarr had been accepted which led him to believe that previous requests had been unsuccessful. Again unbelievable given I had made the request on Sunday and sat in an O2 store and seen the request. Do either they are being inept or there’s something else going on ie it actually takes a week to sort out but why advise its 24 hours. Also the absolute reluctance to escalate the issue and no clear guidelines on how to do this is also very annoying and time consuming. I missed what could have been an important phone call from a relative’s career today.

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @AmandaS , and thanks guys for tagging me in.

Sorry to hear about the frustration you've been having with this. 😞 I'd be happy to check what we can do on our end - I will need a few additional details before I can do that so I will drop you a Private Message here on the forum shortly to talk further. 

Message 6 of 7

AmandaS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks Marjo. All sorted now after platinum gurus got involved. Phone was broken somehow in the barring process and had to be replaced.
Message 7 of 7