Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank App Blocked?

buseng
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All of a sudden today I find I cannot access my bank account using their app (Lloyds).  I just get an error code. I contacted the bank & quoted the error code & they said it was the network firewall blocking me  (I was away from home) They suggested I try my Wi-Fi when I returned home. This I did & it worked perfectly. I then switched Wi-Fi off & it was blocked again when on the network. In a nutshell it seems o2 is blocking access to my bank app. Why is this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Could be what caught my Nectar app out yesterday eve, must check it out... Not much help for you, though, @buseng.
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@buseng  I will tag our admin to see if they can help. @Martin-O2@Marjo Can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@buseng 

Ask your bank for the port details then give O2 customer services a call to check if they are blocking the port.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Could be what caught my Nectar app out yesterday eve, must check it out... Not much help for you, though, @buseng.

Nope, all working good now on O2 data or WiFi/Broadband for Nectar.com's app, @buseng

One of the Community admins, tagged in by @Bambino above, may ask you in a Private Message here about the bank and the app name so O2's Tech team can track down the problem and fix it. Good luck! 

Message 5 of 11

buseng
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies so for. As said by Lloyds the error code (1007) means access to the Lloyds system is blocked by a firewall or network. As all is ok using my home Wi-Fi it must be o2 somewhere along the line. I do not think it is the coronavirus  issue related.

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I've accessed both my Lloyds accounts today using O2 data so they are not blocking ports. Have you got any app locks on your phone?

Message 7 of 11

buseng
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not sure? I haven’t changed anything & using an iPhone.
Message 8 of 11

buseng
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update! It seems to be working ok today. A friend of mine who is on EE didn't have such an issue so it must of been  an o2  issue.

Thanks all.

Message 9 of 11

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Glad it's sorted - it could have been anywhere on the network and quite often they do seem to correct themselves as a bit of kit that has failed somewhere gets swapped out etc. 

Message 10 of 11