cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back on the o2 bandwagon (and some questions)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

So I'm back on o2 after being with EE for the past 2 years (terrible, never again!), and I have a few questions if that's okay.

I ordered a phone (Sony Xperia XZ) through Mobiles.co.uk, but the contract is with o2. I've just called up o2 to get my number ported across, and the guy on the other end seemed quite perplexed that I haven't had any o2 documentation about the new contract. I didn't recieve one on paper, but I did recieve an e-mail from o2, saying not to forget to check my "myo2 account", which leads me to the next question...

Upon checking my myo2 account, the only thing that is on there, is an old disconnected contract from my o2 contract which was 4 years ago.

Am I being stupid, or should have I recieved some information regarding the new contract, and should it be on my myo2 account, or is it still early days for that?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You'll get a new log in for your new o2 account.
It should have been received by email but CS should be able to help you out with the temp password if you haven't received it yet.
Welcome back BTW slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You'll get a new log in for your new o2 account.
It should have been received by email but CS should be able to help you out with the temp password if you haven't received it yet.
Welcome back BTW slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help slight_smile

I just reset my password to see if that kicked anything in, but it didn't!

However, I did get a text to my phone from o2 saying I changed my password. This is a bit strange, as I'm still using my EE phone and SIM, as the port date for my number isn't until Tuesday??? 😕

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I assume it's the same number that was used on o2 previously?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct slight_smile I take it that's why then!

Cheers!

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous  You say you called O2 to get your number ported. Have you requested a PAC from EE?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, still logged against the disconnected account.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino Yep, I gave that to the o2 rep slight_smile

Message 8 of 8