cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Customer Service & Issue getting another pay monthly phone...ARGHHHH!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me or has 02 got thee worst customer service EVER..! I am fed up with dealing with customer service officials who have not got a basic understanding of the English language, particularly when using the online Chat facility! Right, that’s that rant over!

I have currently got one account with 2 pay monthly mobiles registered to same. I recently attempted to get another new phone, pay monthly, added to this account for my daughter. When I placed the order, I was told it was being referred to ‘referrals’. After waiting for a few day (no response from anyone…back to the awful customer service again!), I contacted 02. After being passed from pillar to post (25 minutes in total!!), I was told that this new application was being declined due to a missed 02 payment in December 2013…yes, ONE missed payment that was paid within 4 weeks anyway!!! Has anyone else had these kind of issues? I find this totally hard to believe and know that when my current contract expires, I will be moving else-where. Also, do i need a PAC code for EACH mobile hwen I do move?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry you are having problems. Webchat is outsourced in the main to overseas call centres so things can be lost in translation. We recommend for any account related enquiries to speak direct with customer service on 202.

Missed payments do unfortunately have a habit of coming back and biting us in later years but I would have thought that they would take into consideration the way your other accounts have been in order since.

To answer your question, yes you need a PAC for each number.

If you do feel the need to move networks just be certain that your chosen one has good coverage in your home and work envioments by trying out some free P&G sims.

It might be worth getting your phones unlocked now. It's free using the form in my signature.

Good luck whatever you decide.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Live chat are outsourced non uk call centres so language barriers can exist.

We suggest calling them on 202 or visit an O2 shop.

Edit ref spelling.
Message 2 of 20

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry you are having problems. Webchat is outsourced in the main to overseas call centres so things can be lost in translation. We recommend for any account related enquiries to speak direct with customer service on 202.

Missed payments do unfortunately have a habit of coming back and biting us in later years but I would have thought that they would take into consideration the way your other accounts have been in order since.

To answer your question, yes you need a PAC for each number.

If you do feel the need to move networks just be certain that your chosen one has good coverage in your home and work envioments by trying out some free P&G sims.

It might be worth getting your phones unlocked now. It's free using the form in my signature.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Unfortunately, this just backs up what I was saying earlier today about setting up direct debits for paying bills to O2.
They are one of the most ruthless companies I know regarding missed payments 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it just me or has 02 got thee worst customer service EVER..! I am fed up with dealing with customer service officials who have not got a basic understanding of the English language, particularly when using the online Chat facility! Right, that’s that rant over!

I have currently got one account with 2 pay monthly mobiles registered to same. I recently attempted to get another new phone, pay monthly, added to this account for my daughter. When I placed the order, I was told it was being referred to ‘referrals’. After waiting for a few day (no response from anyone…back to the awful customer service again!), I contacted 02. After being passed from pillar to post (25 minutes in total!!), I was told that this new application was being declined due to a missed 02 payment in December 2013…yes, ONE missed payment that was paid within 4 weeks anyway!!! Has anyone else had these kind of issues? I find this totally hard to believe and know that when my current contract expires, I will be moving else-where. Also, do i need a PAC code for EACH mobile hwen I do move?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have had a similar experience, wanted to buy 4 pay monthy sims for me my wife and children.

I was able to buy 1 on the internet tried to buy 3 more over the phone,transaction was declined and it was "being passed to referals",checked with Equifax and my credit score was "outstanding no reason to decline" so thats not the issue.

Come on O2 do you want to grow your business or not.

Try emailling      CreditFileReferrals@O2.com   that might help,

dont hold your breath though I have not heard anything yet.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be because you tried for so many at once. A credit check is done for each. 

Perhaps try again in a few days leaving a gap between each one. 

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Yes, exactly as I said on their duplicate thread slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awful customer service.

My contract was due to expire on 4th July , on 30th June I chatted on line and on the phone  regarding changing from monthly contract to pay as you go, extremely satisfactory.  Was told I would receive a new Sim card within a few days, but not to insert it until 5th July.  Today phone cut off no new Sim card - tried the chat line, what a waste of time, got absolutely no help at all.  Asked if a new card was on the way - they had no idea, told me to go an get a spare one and kept asking me to repeat everything, then had to cheek to hope I had a nice day!!!!  Tried ringing customer services to complain , that also is a joke did not get through even though was on the line for ages.  Unacceptable service.

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Go into your local o2 store and they will give you a new payg sim and switch your account over for you.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20