cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Customer Service & Issue getting another pay monthly phone...ARGHHHH!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me or has 02 got thee worst customer service EVER..! I am fed up with dealing with customer service officials who have not got a basic understanding of the English language, particularly when using the online Chat facility! Right, that’s that rant over!

I have currently got one account with 2 pay monthly mobiles registered to same. I recently attempted to get another new phone, pay monthly, added to this account for my daughter. When I placed the order, I was told it was being referred to ‘referrals’. After waiting for a few day (no response from anyone…back to the awful customer service again!), I contacted 02. After being passed from pillar to post (25 minutes in total!!), I was told that this new application was being declined due to a missed 02 payment in December 2013…yes, ONE missed payment that was paid within 4 weeks anyway!!! Has anyone else had these kind of issues? I find this totally hard to believe and know that when my current contract expires, I will be moving else-where. Also, do i need a PAC code for EACH mobile hwen I do move?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree @Anonymous

They really should have completed what they agreed to do

Now you may have to make a journey to the shop to complete this yourself.

If you wish to make an official complaint then do so here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
If the new sim has been lost or delayed in the post you cant blame o2.
Different to if they actually sent it or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to say also how awful o2 customer service is , absolutely no loyalty towards customers like myself who have always used them!

How can i get a better deal from different companies for o2 than o2 themselves?

And wouldnt even price match!

My upgrade is due and i will be leaving o2. Hopefully there will be better loyalty elsewhere. ALSO I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR OVER AN HOUR THIS MORNING! 

Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

good luck with the new network. It's a shame that you can get better deals on o2 elsewhere but you go for the best deal for yourself.

Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Forget any chance of loyalty from O2 as they have a policy of the same deal for everyone, either new or old.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I think O2 are under the impression that their Refresh tariff is second to none therefore they needn't show any loyalty to anyone ... Sad really because other networks are coming on board with better deals and people will be voting with their feet

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 are obviously content in the knowledge that their deals, tariffs, apps etc are big plus factors to entice people to join O2 and apparently oblivious to the fact that other networks have caught up and currently overtaking O2 in terms of deals and getting more for money. So they lose a few on the way but it seems to matter not a jot! Time to wake up and smell the coffee...

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love this recommendation to call 202, only to be told all the online operators are busy, use the online chat!

It's a waste of time dealing with the online chat because I chatted for 20 minutes with one of them, only to find out they didn't do what I asked them to do (change the date of my debit order).

I guess I missed a payment & I will be facing the same treatment as the OP, even though I contacted customer service 2 days before my debit order was due to come off.

Now I have had messages to say my bill is unpaid (although I paid it directly online today).

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

We here do not recommend live chat for this kind of enquiry at all - they make too many mistakes.
From what you have said above, you didn't leave enough time to change your date for this month, but subsequent months will reflect the change.

Also, the payment you made today won't be reflected on your account until the systems update overnight, so it should be showing as paid by tomorrow.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 20 of 20