cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalled

Anonymous
Not applicable
I foolishly transferred to a lease iphone tariff after excessive bills with o2, i spent a year being charged £60-£90 a month for the contract, finally paid out of the contract and therefore sent the phone back to o2. The phone was in perfect working order, Friday last week I received a further bill from O2 for £230 to cover the repair of the phone, rang up to complain, they insist its broken. I have no come back, no way of proving otherwise so I've just got to pay it. I wish back when I was initially being robbed by these cowboys I moved to a different provider as I have paid £1190 for a 12 month tariff and not even been able to keep the handset. When explaining that to o2 customer services they don't understand why I'm not pleased with the service and won't help me in any way.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be asking what *exactly* is the problem with the power button.
Them telling you 'the power button is faulty' doesn't help you.
you want to know why they think the power button is faulty.
does it not power the phone up?
does it not wake the phone?
does it happen all the time or is it intermittant?

regardless what the answers are to these questions, the next question is why they actually think its the power button?
why dont they believe its something else like dodgy software, dogy battery etc.
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi thanks for your reply,

i asked the manager i spoke to for exactly what was wrong with it, he says the report he has only says faulty power button, when i pressed for more information and he replied it will be in a different part of the country and he cant check or find out. When i disagreed his answer was "we will have to agree to disagree" fine for him to say but i owe £230 not him. no come back, no evidence that it is broken, i must just blindly agree and pay the money. no system in place to ever query the outcome of these "tests" that take place when you return a handset. Must just agree and pay. so unfair. They have scrapped this iphone lease sceme now it appears, i dont know why, the hiked prices and the robbery that takes place all under these lease agreements must of been making o2 a tidy penny!

Message 12 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you made a formal complaint to the Compaints Review Service?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

There is an option to use the Ombudsman after 8 weeks if it's not sorted out to your satisfaction.

Making accusations about lying and cheating are not going to help.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hi thanks for your reply,

i asked the manager i spoke to for exactly what was wrong with it, he says the report he has only says faulty power button, when i pressed for more information and he replied it will be in a different part of the country and he cant check or find out. When i disagreed his answer was "we will have to agree to disagree" fine for him to say but i owe £230 not him. no come back, no evidence that it is broken, i must just blindly agree and pay the money. no system in place to ever query the outcome of these "tests" that take place when you return a handset. Must just agree and pay. so unfair. They have scrapped this iphone lease sceme now it appears, i dont know why, the hiked prices and the robbery that takes place all under these lease agreements must of been making o2 a tidy penny!

Essentially you're either saying here:

1) that o2 is lying, there's nothing wrong with the power button and they're charging you for nothing

OR

2) that the phone was sent off fine, and you've no idea why it became damaged during transit to O2.

Either way you need evidence before you can say that it isn't your fault.  My comment before about always having proof of what you do when dealing with any company is just plain, old-fashioned common sense. 

The phone could have been 100% perfect when you sent it off, but got damaged on the way to O2.  Not your fault, also not O2's fault.  If you could have proven that it was fine when you sent it, then O2 would tell you to take it up with Royal Mail.  You would have evidence it was fine before it go there, O2 would have helped you with it being damaged when it got there and Royal Mail would have to sort things out.

If you're saying that O2 are lying to you, well you're going to need evidence of that as its a fairly big thing to say.

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The "High level complaints service" have been contacted on my behalf but they cant do anything apparenty. im going to write a letter to the ombudsman. im going to have to pay the money as i dont want to have an unpaid bill against my name, then just keep fighting to get my money back i suppose. i could do without it but its a matter of princible now. my minds boggles how they think its fair and just.

Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
at the same time, Pablo, i would expect o2 to have proof as to the exact nature of the fault.
and if they can't provide any proof, then would exactly would i be paying a charge/fine for?

the OP might not be able to prove that it was fine when he sent it off, but if o2 want to issue the charge, they need to show what the fault is.

'lying' is a strong word. i would say they could be 'Mistaken' as to the fault. or that there was a 'mix up' between multiple returned phones that they were handling.

thats just my opinion though, and how i would personally try to get an answer. these are certainly questions that the OP needs to get answers for.
Message 16 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We can only advise you on how to proceed, we can't make judgements here as there is no evidence on where or how the phone was damaged.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Essentially it comes down to: im saying it was fine, they saying it wasnt. i have to prove with evidence that it was fine (which i cant do) but they dont have to prove or supply any evidence whatsoever (and they refuse to do so) and i just have to blindly pay. Thats where the injustice and frustration comes in.

Message 18 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would be chasing them for proof too. Heck £230 is probably more than the phone is worth in the first place. I'd like to see what O2 recycle would give for the phone in good condition.

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 recycle will give me £220 for the phone. Good grief, it gets worse.

Message 20 of 24