cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas why I 'have' to phone O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of folk upgrading early, before their upgrade date, in store so this is just confusing me now...

On Sunday I was in an O2 store, asked about taking advantage of a deal they have on at the moment and upgrading early (my upgrade date is on May 13th but the flash sale ends May 8th - I know there will always be sales but I was hit by shiny new phone syndrome...)

We sat down and the sales assistant phoned O2 to see if it could be done. O2 said I'd have to phone them myself - even though I was sat there and the phone could've been passed to me to talk it over (which happened when my wife upgraded early last year). The sales assistant apologised, gave me some options (start a new contract, port old number across etc.) and I decided to try phoning them myself.

I've tried phoning but if I go through upgrades I just get told they're busy and get sent a text saying I can't upgrade until May 13th. If I try to go to retentions I get stuck in a never ending queue. Over the past three days I've been on hold for over an hour.

In the meantime I wondered if anyone on here might know if there's any particular reason why O2 wouldn't speak to me when they were phoned with me in the shop? 

I was initially wanting an early upgrade, even happy to pay for it. Now I'm considering just getting my PAC and jumping ship entirely! I never had this difficulty in contacting a real person at CS with Orange, T-Mobile or Vodafone... never thought I'd say that...

I'm now wondering if it's because I also have O2 BB on a legacy deal and they might want me to extend my BB contract in light of the Sky deal... dunno... It's just puzzling!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The simple answer - the store advisor or the customer service advisor was being lazy.

I have no idea why they wouldn't just pass the phone to you and it isn't fair that you went all the way to the store for nothing.

It is not O2's process to change upgrade dates early so the chances are you will have to wait until 13/05/13, unfortunately, but if I were you I'd get through to retentions or go back to the store and ask them to call on your behalf and just ask if they can possibly change the upgrade date to a bit earlier (explain the bad experience you just had in the store). It is only 2 weeks away and because the flash sale ends a few days before it, under the circumstances, there is a chance they would be able to do this for you.

My fingers are crossed for you - good luck slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The simple answer - the store advisor or the customer service advisor was being lazy.

I have no idea why they wouldn't just pass the phone to you and it isn't fair that you went all the way to the store for nothing.

It is not O2's process to change upgrade dates early so the chances are you will have to wait until 13/05/13, unfortunately, but if I were you I'd get through to retentions or go back to the store and ask them to call on your behalf and just ask if they can possibly change the upgrade date to a bit earlier (explain the bad experience you just had in the store). It is only 2 weeks away and because the flash sale ends a few days before it, under the circumstances, there is a chance they would be able to do this for you.

My fingers are crossed for you - good luck slight_smile

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks opium! I'm just going to grab some lunch then I'll try phoning them again...

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck slight_smile

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still on hold to retentions (upgrade option still just sends me a text, no option for speaking to a human)... If I hear "The Day We Caught The Train" one more time I'll go insane! grin

Message 5 of 13

alibongo54
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know the feeling although Im waiting for 02 corporate to call me back on the "launch" date of samsung S4!!

Considering O2 emailed me on Saturday to confirm the launch had happened Im still waiting for a call....

Maybe I should now after about 10 years look at another supplier!!  I dont feel there is much loyalty these days sticking with O2...

Alison

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It really annoys me when advisors don't phone customers back when they say they will. A lot of us use team calendars to ensure that a callback can be met by other members of your team if for some reason you are unable to do it.

I've had it done to me and it's very annoying.

If you are a corporate customer, do you have an account manager you can call or even corporate customer services and tell them you are unhappy that the advisor never stuck to their word?

Message 7 of 13

alibongo54
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its a corporate deal I can get via my employer so although I said corporate team I maybe wrong there!

I called a freephone number and they assured me on Friday I would be called back when it was launched - appreciate they may not work weekends but they would have been working yesterday and I go on holiday next monday!  Im now tempted to leave it until I come back from holiday and then try to get a better deal by saying no one called me back!

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

All sorted! Spoke to a brilliant CS bod called Lisa who apologised for the delay on the phones (S4 plus Refresh issues are keeping them busy) as well as what happened instore and has sorted me out with the free upgrade.

I believe a 'woot' is in order grin

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay - I get you, is it a 30% discount, yeah?

I would call 202 and ask for updates just now. You won't get a cheaper deal because of a failed callback (although they can feedback on whoever failed their promise to you however if you call asap they can chase it up and hopefully get you your order before you go away!

Message 10 of 13