Did you mean: 

All these Millions O2 are spending and STILL no 4G yet in Dundee area...in fact

Leebroath
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

NO WHERE apart from Edinburgh and Glagow

Come on O2 you can at least give a few more cities in Scotland 4G...even Aberdeen still doesn't have 4G and I'm shocked at that

Does anyone know what the latest roll out will be or the previous one? surely with all this money o2 are supposedly spending we should have more of our areas being upgraded?

I'm going onto the 4G plan at the end of the Month but I'm also in friends and family so my Tariff is halved, I also get 8GB of Data :)

Come on O2 sort this out, plenty of other carriers in Dundee etc now offering 4G (cough THREE)

I know some threads are stating that O2 do not let anyone know their progress but I'm pretty sure a while back they emailed out to everyone where the next roll out will be...I just can't find it lol

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I know I should be grateful for the signal that I get (strong 3G and occasional 4G) as I know that some people struggle to get 2G - and, as previously mentioned, it's not the end of the world just because I cannot get the signal that I want (I sound spoiled but i'm not).

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

We go to Sussex and I struggle to get 2G in places on the way there.  When I'm there signal is very patchy and I rarely get 3G let alone 4G!

According to the map I should get good coverage...

Message 12 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

But realy o2 are the only network that has to by the end of 2017 provide 98% indoor coverage of data at 2mbs min speed . enforced by ofcom

It will be interesting to see how this is monitored - O2's coverage map claims outdoor 3G (patchy indoors) here. I have not heard of anybody in the village getting even a whiff of a 3G signal, but presumably that particular box is ticked as far as O2 is concerned

It is a scientific modelling method that is on the ofcom website but the differance with 4g license is it states indoor 98% by population  3g was outdoor 90% by population technical document here

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/award-800mhz/statement/4GCov-verification.pdf

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst I hear what others have said on here about the 4g promise and the improvement of 2g And 3g? I will believe it when I see it.

In this area and I mean the whole County o2 are awful and I wish I hadn't believed the coverage checker
Message 14 of 16

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 80 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just a thought, but on the subject of Ofcom deadlines and licence obligations.. at the end of last year Vodafone missed their 3G coverage deadline, but were just given a slapped-wrist and another 3months extension.

I'm not sure I'd place much store by regulatory deadlines in these circumstances, probably more by competitive pressures of what other networks are offering.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the world of Ofcom that yes allowed Vodafone to complete late and also allows mid contract price increases.

Ofcom Sadly not fit for purpose
Message 16 of 16