Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime Bill / Tariff Charge

emcardle660
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll try to keep it simple, basically I recently got a new contract with o2 refresh (So I have two bills for the device and the tariff).

The device part is fine, but for some reason the monthly tariff charge and airtime bill (which I thought were the same thing?) have different monthly prices (Airtime bill is lower than tariff)

Was just wondering if anyone could clear this up for me and what I should go by? slight_smile Thanks 

(My first payment for this contract came out a day or so ago and it was the lower amount of the airtime bill that was taken and not the higher tariff charge, so I'm not sure)

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Your tariff is the package including airtime and device plan. You have two direct debits, airtime and device which added together should equal your tariff. Not forgetting that next month you have the RPI increase which will add around £1-2 every month to your airtime.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Your tariff is the package including airtime and device plan. You have two direct debits, airtime and device which added together should equal your tariff. Not forgetting that next month you have the RPI increase which will add around £1-2 every month to your airtime.

Message 2 of 6

emcardle660
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah alright I think I'm kind of getting it...

So I was expecting about £36 to come out of my bank account (the device and the airtime/bolt on being about £18 each), but it only came to a total of around £27 (The £18 device plan and the airtime/bolt on thing was only around £9). If I check the prices, it says £18 for the tariff and another charge of £18.14 for the device plan, so it should be about £36).

Would you have any idea as to why the airtime bill was less than what I was expecting?

Thanks, Eddie slight_smile

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Have you checked if there is any refund showing in My O2?

Also check if there is any offer on your account. That will show as a bolt on in My O2.

You can download the app to check or use the online version.

I'm off to bed now so if you still have questions then come back later on and others will be here to offer further advice.

Alternatively you can call customer service on 202 or get help here:

O2 Contact

Please keep this thread updated and welcome to the community Welcome

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @emcardle660, as it's been a few days since you last posted I was wondering if you found out anything further on your bill, following the latest suggestions above?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6