Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime Bill Ridiculous

squidge87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a customer of o2 for over 10yrs and am amazed at how over priced the airtime tarrif is on my account!

I pay £20.50 for 1GB data and unlimited calls/texts. Why do I see offers for better tarrifs at half this price for new customers but not for existing. Not to mention from other providers

I certainly will be moving away from o2 once my contract ends

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

That is a ridiculous amount for 1GB data. Presumably this came with a top end phone?

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@squidge87 

If you are or when you are out of contract, take a look at the sim only deals.

You can get 100gb for £25 currently https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I discovered that I could get *lots* more data, higher-spec model of phone and cheaper per month, still on O2, without having to go beyond a 2-year term (!) from mobilephonesdirect.

O2 direct would have had to go to 36months, with only 4GB of data, for a lower spec of the same model of phone... 

Your mileage may vary. 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just managed to scam unlimited data from EE for £28 a month (12m) it pays to shop around @squidge87 

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Shop around for sure. I'm getting 50GB on EE for £16.00 a month...oh, and of course te 2.2% RPI increase in April.

Message 6 of 7

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

This is one thing I am noticing with O2 in comparison to the likes of Three and EE, who the hell in this day and age needs less than 10GB data allowance?

O2 are offering tariffs at 500mb and locking the customers that choose this deal into 36 months (which is an horrendous amount of time 2 years is bad enough!). On such little data???

If you're paying a premium for a high end device then I'm sorry but contracts should be coming as standard with a hefty amount of data. I'm seeing 160GB on other networks at similar prices of O2 offering just 20GB.

Yes I know O2 do unlimited tariffs but I'm not referring to these, not all O2 deals are bad. They do have some pretty amazing deals BUT they also have some pretty poor deals that need working on in order to stop them losing ground to networks which have rubbish customer service such as, well most of them joy

Message 7 of 7