cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a replacement SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My partner recently had his phone stolen from him. He's reported it to o2, who have barred his old SIM and phone. Pretty fab so far.

I've given him my old handset which I used to use - I left o2 recently but the handset was my own, so it shouldn't be barred AFAIK.

Replacement SIM has been received and slotted into phone. Emergency Calls only keeps showing. 

Have gone to o2.co.uk/swapmysim and requested a code, but nothing has come back - obviously since we can't get the SIM to activate, we can't receive a code to activate it with!

When we go to choose networks, o2 is available, but when we try to register it sits for an awfully long time before saying o2 is unavailable.

Phone is a Motorola Defy running CyanogenMod 7, has run ti quite successfully on several previous o2  sims.

Would really appreciate some help here as I'm sure I'm missing something.

Cheers,

Moshii

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will need to call CS to get the replacement SIM activated and also get the barr lifted on your account and transfer your account to the new SIM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will need to call CS to get the replacement SIM activated and also get the barr lifted on your account and transfer your account to the new SIM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers, I did think it would be something like that - only trouble is, how do we lift the bar now without a working o2 sim? I have a fear of premium rate numbers tongue

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
0844 809 0202 5p / min from a BT landline or 202 free if you know someone with an O2 contract phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4