Did you mean: 

Data Bolt On on pay monthly

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

If I buy the Iphone 5 on contract can I remove the data bolt on once I receive the phone???.

I don't need the data as I have wifi at home and at work which is where i am 95% of the time.

I can save a tenner a month on line rental by doing this

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

My friend thought she never used data on her iphone at all as she has wifi at home.

She however uses on average 45-50mbs per month. So she has been downgraded to 100mb.

But like the others have said, the iphone uses data and so does 99% of smartphones now in the background to function.

If however you still want to switch the data bundle of, Please ensure that your data is completely switched of on your phone, I would also remove the data settings as well.

You can also ask o2 to switch of you data completely.

However you will loose visual voice mail, MMS, and any o2 data related products as well.

Wifi will also not bring back your MMS or visual voice mail.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your contract is up then you can cancel what you want and take out a new contract.

Message 2 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You might get slaughtered on data whilst travelling elsewhere by not having one.

At the least keep a 100mb bolt on. You'll be thankful for it.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also some apps update in the background resulting in network connections unless you turn off data.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

keep the bolt on, you will be thankful for it

Message 5 of 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

My friend thought she never used data on her iphone at all as she has wifi at home.

She however uses on average 45-50mbs per month. So she has been downgraded to 100mb.

But like the others have said, the iphone uses data and so does 99% of smartphones now in the background to function.

If however you still want to switch the data bundle of, Please ensure that your data is completely switched of on your phone, I would also remove the data settings as well.

You can also ask o2 to switch of you data completely.

However you will loose visual voice mail, MMS, and any o2 data related products as well.

Wifi will also not bring back your MMS or visual voice mail.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 8

kamalaggi
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks guys for your reply.

My question hasn't really been answered though.

I'm asking if the 1gb data bolt on can be removed as soon as I get my new contract. If not  I can look at another phone with a cheaper tarriff

Thanks

Message 7 of 8

kamalaggi
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks darrengf for your answer.

On my current contract I've got on fine for 2 years without the need for the data bolt on.

Message 8 of 8