Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account issues - reassurances.

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My household had 3 refresh accounts at one point. I wanted to reduce these to 1 account.

One handset was returned within the cooling off period, with the accompanying sim/air time unused. The return was confirmed as received and the account closed. Recently I recevied a letter saying the service on this account is now fully restricted and I owe £9 airtime which shouldn't be the case as the sim was never used at all.

A second account was settled, I paid off the device plan and requested cancellation of my service at the same time. The balance of the device plan went to zero, however the account remained active for some reason. I spoke with support and they said I would need to give 30 days notice in writing, to which I pointed out it was a refresh account and should have been closed immediately once the request was put forward, and any outstanding airtime would be billed as a final bill. They agreed, and told me the account would be closed within 24 hours.

A few days later it was still active, so I contacted support again. They said they would close it and in a way I  guess they did, by moving the phone number to my main account and adding over £200 airtime. I was pretty annoyed at this point, not only having to use my own personal time again to contact support but mostly because I seemed to going round in bloody circles.It seems to me that either the systems are overly complicated or the staff just have no idea what they're doing.

On the third occasion contacting support, they promised to resolve the issue ( again ) and advised me only to pay the £11 airtime for my main account and leave the £200 outstanding and they would resolve it at the end of the month. I tried to raise the incorrect billing on the handset I returned but was cut off.

So, can anyone provide me with some reassurance that these issues are being dealt with and will be resolved soon. I don't have much faith left due to  past experiences and I'm close to leaving O2.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unfortunately no, we can't give any assurances for CS, You will just have to keep trying until you find someone who can help you properly.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unfortunately no, we can't give any assurances for CS, You will just have to keep trying until you find someone who can help you properly.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ah my mistake, I thought the forums could help with account issues.Thanks for the reply anyway.

Maybe best if I log an official complaint, maybe then I'll get somewhere and some reassurances that the issue will be resolved.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Might be your best option tbh http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Account access is the only thing we don't have here wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4