cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closing / PAC code / Help from O2 staff please...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I took out an O2 iPhone 5s contract at the Apple Store a few days ago. For reasons I won't bore you with, I have this morning returned the phone and had the contract cancelled by Apple.

I do though need my PAC code. I originally ported it in from Three but it is now an O2 number. Despite the very best efforts of staff at the Apple Store, nobody on the phone at O2 could even request my PAC code, let alone give it to us.

O2 Twitter don't seem to love me and customer services are not grasping what I need.

Can someone here from O2 step in please? I can if course give you all account details, security answers, etc.

With thanks.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
We cannot do this here for you as we are customers too.

As said ring o2 on 202.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I don't see why it should be difficult.... Both 202 and Live chat can give you a PAC if you ask them....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
We cannot do this here for you as we are customers too.

As said ring o2 on 202.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, just so you know....

The problem is that even though I have returned the phone to the POS (Apple), and Apple have contacted O2 through their 'Gateway' to cancel the contract, O2 do not actually terminate the contract until the phone shows as 'returned' on their system, which could take another 5 days.

I have just spoken with CS again, and they have in fact now given me a PAC code. However, if I actually use it before their system shows the phone 'returned' I will trigger 'early termination' of the contract, which will apparently result in me being charged the contract balance, i.e. 24 x £32. Those fees would of course _eventually_ be refunded but O2 have my card and account details...

It does seem nuts that O2 don't believe Apple that I've returned the phone, despite the details sent via the Gateway and a very helpful guy at Apple speaking to various bods at O2 with the generation of various case numbers etc.

It's not the end of the world. It just means I have to wait a week to use my PAC number and of course ring O2 back to see if everything's been cancelled as it should be.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ bandofbrothers... That's why I specifically asked for someone from O2 staff to take a look seem as they do on various other threads. Thanks anyways though 👍
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
OK, makes sense now.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@ bandofbrothers... That's why I specifically asked for someone from O2 staff to take a look seem as they do on various other threads. Thanks anyways though 👍

Thats fair enough.

I just didnt want you leaving your post here expecting an official o2 response to help you with this.

We do have two o2 site staff on here but things like this typically would only be dealt with through the official channels.

I feel your frustration !

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a bit of a pain but I guess it's one of those 'first world problems' 😄
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's a bit of a pain but I guess it's one of those 'first world problems' 😄

Lol,

Yeah I agree thats the right attitude to adopt on this.

Take care

Message 9 of 9