Did you mean: 

Accidentally cancelled an extra

Jess863
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I recently took out a new tariff with o2 (am an existing customer) and added the international calls extra to my account. I was told I would receive an activation link for the extra- I have since discovered through searching on the o2 site that this isn’t the case for this particular extra. It was showing as active in my account and I received an email and text saying it was active, but it wasn’t letting me make any international calls. I tried adding the international calls bolt on instead, and sure enough this was added instantly and showing with the £3 monthly charge, which I didn’t want to pay which is why I added it as an extra in the first place. So I cancelled it again, and have now also had a message to say my extra has been cancelled.

This is really confusing and the instructions for activating this were not clear.

Does anyone know if I can re-add this extra to my account? I can’t see it as an option when I go into my o2 and I’m thinking I will have to call them but before I do that and potentially waste my time can anyone tell me if this is irreversible and so I’ll just have to add the bolt on and pay the monthly charge and have done with it?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Jess863 

It should be fixable, but you'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's possible you have a zero spend cap which would prevent you making an international call so you need to ask them o put a spend cap in place

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Message 3 of 10

Jess863
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do have a zero spend cap but I always have had this and have always been able to make international calls before (under the international bolt on before I changed tariff). 🤔
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Jess863 

Bolt ons are excluded from spend caps as explained in the guide Guide: Spend caps on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Jess863
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So in order for the extra to work it would need any kind of spend cap other than zero? But I would still get the calls at a reduced rate? I think this makes sense, sorry for possibly stupid questions!
Message 6 of 10

Jess863
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Our messages crossed over. @MI5 thank you- this makes sense. I am still going to call them to get the extra re-added 👍
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Jess863
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 @jonsie thank you both for your help, I contacted them today and resolved both the extra and the spend cap 👍👍
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Good news @Jess863 

yahoo

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10