cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750 lease o2 mess up

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, for the last month i have been trying to find information about ending my 750 lease iphone. ( i have 2 contracts both on this).

30 days ago i phoned the customer service to let them know i wanted to end my lease, they said "as it is a lease all you need to do is take it back instore" as i was told when i signed up for it. 

friday i went instore to o2 as carphone wearhouse keep phoning me asking if i want to upgrade with them, was told insore they could do nothing till today as today is my final day on this lease, but they would take the phones and end the contract.

well i went in today and was told 'NO you have to give 30 days notice and post the phones out yo o2." which isnt an insured service and i still have to pay for next month even though i wont have the phones or the sims!!! even if i have them i dont have a phone and 02 wont give me another contact as i have 2 already. and no one has a phone in stock i want or are competative in price £100 more for upgrade.

again when i got home i phoned customer service for 1hr 30 mins on the phone an still no straight answer. except either way i wont have a phone or sim for upto 30 days. 

o2 you need to get your act together, i even had to give you options to help me as no one knows anything about the lease contract and there was no manager at your call centre. or at least one who would talk to me.

never been treated so bad in all my life. o2 get your act together or find me someone who knows there stuff!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
kww1983:

I have sent you a private message.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you need to ring o2 and ask for retentions, they will arrange to send out an envelope for you to return the phone back, I think you can keep the sim card so would be able to use it in a diferent phone until it gets cancelled. If they refuse to helpjust insist you speak to a manager, I always call cs in the mornings, just seem to get more help than at this time of day (that's my experience).

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's such a bad experience your having.

When so much rests on Customer Service it's unforgivable.

The opportunity to retain you as a customer would have been within that phone call or visit to the high street store.

It seems reasonable to retain the sims as your paying for that months services.

Hope you get sorted.
Message 3 of 4

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
kww1983:

I have sent you a private message.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 4