cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have 2 o2 phones in our house - both 3G and our calls regularly get cut off and fade in and out. We are living in TW9 - Kew, and the o2 checker says we should have excellent signal indoors. 

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Have you tried turning 3g off when at home?

3g cells shrink and grow (breath) with more users on a cell site and can cause this sort of issue. 2g is better as it has fixed size and capacity and is fine for calls.

I wrote this earlier in the week http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-ma...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Have you tried turning 3g off when at home?

3g cells shrink and grow (breath) with more users on a cell site and can cause this sort of issue. 2g is better as it has fixed size and capacity and is fine for calls.

I wrote this earlier in the week http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-ma...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
The service checker tells you that the signal should be decent in your area. Different properties built with different materials will vary what signal gets through. IE brick is better than stone for signal penetration.

Also depends on elevation, foliage outside (trees etc) and a number of other factors. In short, whats on the signal checker is just a guide.

Did you just move to the area or have you been there a while?
Message 3 of 3