cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 months and still no SIM card but billed in full each month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone e,she had issues getting a new SIM card after having one blocked. In May my relationship broke down and 02 have refused time and time again to send me a new SIM card.... they have billed me each month despite me not having access to the service. I have made endless attempts to resolve this.... and have finally given up and contacted the financial ombudsman .... has anyone else had issues and how were they they resolved?

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying is not a problem.... my bills are paid in full. The problem comes because they won’t send me a SIM card.... so I’m paying for nothing. I have no texts, calls or data.... they are refusing me all of that but continue to bill me.

Message 11 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you raised an official complaint with o2 yet?
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, twice ... but they came up with the same outcome 😔

Message 13 of 59

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ok. Good luck with the ombudsman then.
Not much else you can do really.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 59

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

A harsh lesson learned and a cautionary tale for anyone who gives their security details to someone else. As said, good luck with the ombudsman. There really isn't anything anyone here could help you with. Hope you get the problem resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 59

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I hope you can get this sorted out. Five months is a ridiculous amount of time. Are O2 seriously denying you a sim card because your sim is barred? 

Do you still have the sim or does your ex have it? 

If you have it why can they not simply remove the bar without the need to send a new sim?

*Edit  sorry I've just reread the thread and plain that your ex has both the phone and obviously the sim.

Awful when a relationship goes wrong. I wish you all the good luck in the world. 

Message 16 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, I honesty can’t belive it’s been this way. They are asking me to do the impossible... and it makes no sense that in order to send a SIM card they must first send me a security pin to the exciting one. Surely replacement cards are ordered because the currant simcard is not usable or accessible.

i just hoped to come across someone who had been though the same kind of thing and had it resolved to be honest.

i appreciate everyone feedback 😁

Message 17 of 59

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
An easily resolved problem but made impossible by nobody in O2 willing to take ownership of it and seeing it through to a solution.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 59

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
When my sim failed I just went in store and once I’d answered my security questions they activated me a new one.
I guess the problem here is that you don’t know the new security details which I can sort of understand from o2’s perspective as they don’t know you personally or your circumstances.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 59

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would think there has been some intervention by the ex to complicate matters. Surely faxing them a copy of passport or utility bill should be proof enough. 

Is there no one at O2 with common sense? 

Can admin help at all with this please @Marjo@@MercedesS

@Martin-O2 

Message 20 of 59