cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g speeds have improved in my area, now faster than my broadband.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 4G speeds seem to have gone on overdrive !   Bouncy

My Bt Fibre Optic broadband attains 29.86 Mbps Downlaod and 9.02Mbps.

speedtest wow.PNG

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oooh I look forward to getting 3g one day in the future here to replace the intermittent 2g that I currently have.

As for Fibre that is coming around June time here apparently. 76 mb here I come lol
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I average just under 40mbps on broadband.

I wasn't gloating..... Honest.

Just surprised that 4G is outperforming my home broadband !
Message 3 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Oooh I look forward to getting 3g one day in the future here to replace the intermittent 2g that I currently have.

The roll out of 4G from O2 includes 2G and 3G so as long as you get a new mast installed near you things could really improve.

The problem is that we don't get any advance noticeof where they're going to be and struggling to get past the "not in my backyard" brigade can add years onto waiting times.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in a semi rural area 5 miles from a major town. It is in a valley so however long ago o2/Vida put in a small 2g mast to support the 400 or so dwellings here. Network Services advised me that 3g and 4g signals go in a straight line and as such may go over the top here so may still struggle.

If however Cornerstone do upgrade this mast then yes as I live just 620 metres from the mast then it could be awesome. However I suspect that IF this occurs it will be late in the cycle.

Sadly 2g here is awful. Intermittent signal, patchy indoor reception and 2g internet doesn't work.
Message 5 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's a shame that, I bet the valley is a nice area though!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed you are correct, it is a beautiful part of the world and sometimes there is a trade off. We get fibre in a matter of months and I think we will get electricity in the coming months too. Just need television and all will be fine.
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stay away from TV.

It'll be your downfall.

One word. : soaps.
Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh....I have heard of these dangerous things. Some documentary called Enders and a comedy show to do with a Street?

Apparently they have breaks like they used to at the cinema too???
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you get ice creams and sweeties during these breaks as well? ?? I have 5p somewhere. ...
Message 10 of 32