Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Janthea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received a text from O2 saying I can get access to 4G at no extra cost.  Is this true, O2?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Janthea
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I followed the link and got my code and everything was ticked EXCEPT now check which tariff you want to upgrade to!!  It asked me chose which tariff I wanted and gave the cost.

Message 11 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously @Pablo that tone isn't helpful. I understand you want to defend the company you work for, and that you have been told no change in tariff is needed but that's not the experience I've had on or offline today, and neither is it for @Janthea by the sounds of it. So, somewhere along the line something isn't working or being communicated properly, either to the customer or to the O2 guys on the phones. Patronising us isn't going to make me happier!
Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you guys phoned 02 on 202 to attain clarification on this ?
Message 13 of 37

Janthea
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Keep trying to call but all I get is 'All of our advisers are busy at the moment....'

Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Seriously @Anonymous that tone isn't helpful. I understand you want to defend the company you work for, and that you have been told no change in tariff is needed but that's not the experience I've had on or offline today, and neither is it for @Janthea by the sounds of it. So, somewhere along the line something isn't working or being communicated properly, either to the customer or to the O2 guys on the phones. Patronising us isn't going to make me happier!

When I'm online I do so as a regular person, not an employee of O2.  It just so happens that I work for O2 and can offer an insight on many things.

I am however entitled to my own opinions, show my personality (and yes that can include sarcasm..) and I am free to not be O2's mouthpiece.  That is why you will see me agreeing with people criticising O2 over various things, as well as defending O2 when I feel inclined to.

With regards to this, I've consistenly said whats on the website now, that its at no extra cost.  The link posted was just to evidence that its supposed to be free.

If the link on the website is troublesome, call customer services and ask them to move you over.  If you have any pushback, remind the advisor that there is a text, a link to the website and information on it being at no extra cost. 

Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I spoke to someone at O2 who said it is chargeable.

However, looking at the link to the FAQ that @Pablo linked to I think I've found the problem. It says 'from the date in the text we sent you' to go through the online set up, when nothing else mentions that you need to wait for this date. So, essentially wait until tomorrow (or whatever date is in your message) and try it then. A failure in joined up communication I'd say, and it would be helpful if everyone on the phones was aware too. @Pablo perhaps you can help spread the word.
Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh and @Pablo I get that you can be yourself and not O2 employee online, but when you blur the lines by making it clear who you work for then you run the risk of limiting your career by winding up the customers on your firms website as we can't tell whether you're working or not. For all I know responding on the forum could be your job. Thankfully it isn't.
Message 17 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I think this statement in Pablo's sig makes his stance clear
"I work for O2, however I am here in an unofficial capacity. My views are my own, and not reflective of O2."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
But when viewing the forum from a mobile device (or my mobile device anyway) that signature is not visible.

Even so, I'm sure O2 don't really want people making clear they work for them and then annoying customers further. Disagreeing about which handset is better is one thing. Sarcasm is another.
Message 19 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys

Thanks for discussing this. I'm currently gathering more info and intend to make a post as soon as I can
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 37