Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Janthea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received a text from O2 saying I can get access to 4G at no extra cost.  Is this true, O2?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous and @Anonymous I get that you can be yourself and not O2 employee online, but when you blur the lines by making it clear who you work for then you run the risk of limiting your career by winding up the customers on your firms website as we can't tell whether you're working or not. For all I know responding on the forum could be your job. Thankfully it isn't.

Firstly, thanks to Pablo for telling us what you know about 4G access. Can you tell us whether O2 has a social media policy for it's employees to conform with and if so whether it is available outside the company (feel free to PM me about that if you wish)?

@Anonymous - if O2 do have such a policy (a lot of companied do these days, that covers blogging, facebook, twitter etc.) then Pablo may be limited in what information he can provide if he is posting here in a personal (as opposed to a O2 corporate) capacity. Go easy on the guy and if you are unhappy, follow the O2 complaints procedure!

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 21 of 37

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I can confirm that a post is being created with info on the 4G news. As soon as it's ready I shall update you slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Toby.
Message 23 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But when viewing the forum from a mobile device (or my mobile device anyway) that signature is not visible.

Even so, I'm sure O2 don't really want people making clear they work for them and then annoying customers further. Disagreeing about which handset is better is one thing. Sarcasm is another.

Then have a word with those responsible for the forum.

No wonder O2 employees are wary of coming on here and helping out. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 37

Janthea
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As of this morning I now have 4G!  As I can hardly get even ordinary service in my house and the same goes for my office, I just saw a quick glimpse of the 4G symbol as I walked to the station.  Look forward to testing it out when I am in a strong signal area.  I must say, I'm pleased I'm not paying extra for 4G as so far I haven't been able to use it.

Thanks for everyone's help with this. 

Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome Janthea.
Message 26 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Check out the below for some more info:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/4G-Text-Campaign/m-p/621674#M7499

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluescreener wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous and @Anonymous I get that you can be yourself and not O2 employee online, but when you blur the lines by making it clear who you work for then you run the risk of limiting your career by winding up the customers on your firms website as we can't tell whether you're working or not. For all I know responding on the forum could be your job. Thankfully it isn't.

Firstly, thanks to Pablo for telling us what you know about 4G access. Can you tell us whether O2 has a social media policy for it's employees to conform with and if so whether it is available outside the company (feel free to PM me about that if you wish)?

@Anonymous - if O2 do have such a policy (a lot of companied do these days, that covers blogging, facebook, twitter etc.) then Pablo may be limited in what information he can provide if he is posting here in a personal (as opposed to a O2 corporate) capacity. Go easy on the guy and if you are unhappy, follow the O2 complaints procedure!

Hi

O2 have a policy for staff directly employed on social media - i.e. official 'o2' bods.  However, posting on here as a customer (albeit with a little knowledge from the other side), I'm free to express myself as long as I adhere to the general rules of the forum.  If I overstep these then I expect to hear from Toby, Chiara or any of the mods.

I am limited in some ways, for example I can't divulge any commerically sensitive information.  I can't reveal anything that isn't announced either.  I am constantly mindful of that when I am posting.

The reason why I have a disclaimer is for two things.  One, to protect O2/Telefonica in that my views are my own.  Two, to protect me. 

Hope this helps clarify.

Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Toby
Message 29 of 37

Downlands
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am afraid it's the same for me! I have a bb10 but have been told it will cost £5 to upgrade to 4g !
Message 30 of 37