cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Europe's Oil Capital

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working in Aberdeen which is well known as Europe's oil capital with all the world's major energy producing and support companies here. With top buisness men and women from all over the globe visit here for meetings and ceminars regularly. 

Aberdeen 4G = Non existent!!  Don't even get 3G.

I regularly visit Livingston near Edinburgh, which is only famous for it's shopping centre.

Livingston 4G = 4 signal bars with download speed in excess of 34mbps on my last test and uploads of 22mbps.

Justification of this state of affairs??  Obviously shopping and the retail sector is more importiant to the economy in o2's eyes than that of the oil & gas industry.

Answers on a postcard please.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I hope not. That's hardly a network upgrade is it.
Message 31 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any 4G providers in Aberdeen already?
Message 32 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
EE have pretty good presence all over city - city centre, aliens, Garthdee, Holburn, seaton, old Aberdeen, tillydrone, bridge of don, Danestone - can all receive 4G with them!!! Over 24 months, I found them the cheapest for what I wanted
Message 33 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I'm now enjoying the EE 4G which is pretty consistent in my area having finally lost patience with O2. My dealings with EE so far have all been good both porting wise and customer service wise. Better allowances too for the same money I was paying to O2.

Message 34 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the providers all mast shared now anyway. O2 signal is pretty poor in altens where I work.
Message 35 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

O2 and Vodafone share masts but not transmitters so you would get different signal strengths just the same.

Message 36 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can confirm, that today I have 4G in Aberdeen.
Altens,
Kittybrewster and Woodside!!
AT LAST O2.
Message 37 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news.

Thank you for the update.

😄
Message 38 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

The o2 wesite still says there is no coverage so not official and may not be reliable until they do so, but just thought I'd update.  At home in Woodside I'm getting 3-4 bars with 20mbps and upload of about 12mbps.

Message 39 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a nice jolt having those speeds isn't it.

Don't run too many tests tho as they can eat up your data. 😄
Message 40 of 42