cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20gb tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi can any one help?
Due an upgrade on 17th Nov. Just looked in o2 shop and it says 20gb tariff ends today (12th Nov). Cant phone o2 as the lines are closed and for some reason it says online chat is unavailable (even though it says the times are 7am-11pm). Looks to me that o2 are trying to fob customers off as the only way i can see that i can get myself signed onto a 20gb plan is to pay a months line rental for getting out 5 days early. Am i the only person that thinks this sounds a little unfair?
Thanks stephen- an o2 customer since bt cellnet days seriously considering throwing the towel in!
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions
The tariff remains available but the special offers of extras end today.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions
The tariff remains available but the special offers of extras end today.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply mi5
So i will still be able to get 20gb plan at the current price but i just wont get those free entertainment gift things? Thats ok by me if thats the case?
Im right in thinking the chat should still be working till 11?
Just need to decide what phone to get now lool. What do you have if you dont mind me asking?
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the reply mi5
So i will still be able to get 20gb plan at the current price but i just wont get those free entertainment gift things? Thats ok by me if thats the case?
Just need to decide what phone to get now lool. What do you have if you dont mind me asking?

MI5 is waiting for the Note 4...I am sure that is what he would advise you went for...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the reply mi5

Chat is still working (I just had a popup asking me if I wanted help), although I wouldn't try getting a new contract through them. You'd be better off talking to CS in the morning. That might also give you some time to think about whether you really need 20GB of data every month. It's a huge amount. You'll be paying a very expensive tariff every month for data you might not use. People on 8GB have said that's more than they need.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chat should be working but you're not the only one reporting it does not work. And also, chat is not really recommened on here. Prob best to upgrade in store if you can and at least you will walk out with the phone if in stock. 

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooooh no im sure they are really good phones but much too big for me. I have iphone5 and have been anticipating the 6 for months but they have gone bigger 😩. I guess you android lovers hate apple lol. My other thought was a galaxy alpha but know nothing about them. Before i got my 5 i always said i didnt like apple but i must admit i really do love it lol. Ps im ridiculously bad with decisions haha
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the 5s for a year and loved it but my mum's phone was playing up so gave it to her and went for the Sony Z3 compact. Basically same size as iPhone 5s but bigger screen and very good specs, also the camera is really good and Android let's you do more without connecting to the PC.

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the min i defo wont use all 20gb. I get 2 on my contract but that quite often runs out before i blink and end up with no data for most of the month and bolt ons are expensive. 10 would do but i only see options for 2,5 or 20. 5 would prob be borderline some months but i want to be free to sky go and spotify/stream music without fear. My tablet has no 3/4g option so it also gives me option to tether a wifi hotspot for that. I intend to trade in this old phone and pay some for my handset so hopefully my monthly shouldnt be much more than i am paying at the moment
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you are able to financially you could buy the handset and go for a sim only tariff. Personally I have done that this time I have bought the Note 3 at a sale price and my planned tariff will mean my monthly bill is £15 less than I am paying now. I know this is only an option if you have finances readily available. With Christmas on the horizon this may not be the case for many people really...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14