cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Europe's Oil Capital

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working in Aberdeen which is well known as Europe's oil capital with all the world's major energy producing and support companies here. With top buisness men and women from all over the globe visit here for meetings and ceminars regularly. 

Aberdeen 4G = Non existent!!  Don't even get 3G.

I regularly visit Livingston near Edinburgh, which is only famous for it's shopping centre.

Livingston 4G = 4 signal bars with download speed in excess of 34mbps on my last test and uploads of 22mbps.

Justification of this state of affairs??  Obviously shopping and the retail sector is more importiant to the economy in o2's eyes than that of the oil & gas industry.

Answers on a postcard please.

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally, I got a text from O2 a few days ago saying that they were upgrading the network in Aberdeen so there would be some disruption to the service. FINALLY!!

I had to leave O2 to get decent 4G:smileysad:

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning.

An interesting perspective on the current network data situation.

Lots more are asking similar questions ref data speeds.

Here's hoping O2 take note and act as fast as possible and improve maybe even before the 2017 deadline !

Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I posted the same question a few days ago on the O2 facebook page and the replay I got back was that there are no timescales as yet but check back soon for updates !!!  What can you say to that???

Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 42

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You raise a good point Scott but as customers ourselves we are only privy to the same info as you are unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes MI5, but still good to get those points out there.  Must be some o2 bigwigs take an intrest in what's being said on here if they admit it or not.

Message 6 of 42

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes MI5, but still good to get those points out there.  Must be some o2 bigwigs take an intrest in what's being said on here if they admit it or not.

We hope so wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 42

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting this, its what the community is here for other than for everyone to share advice. I'll definitely feed it back to the team. If and when I get any useful info, I shall update you all.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby grin

Message 9 of 42

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

I work in Telecoms and have many a client in Aberdeen.

I've nothing to corroborate this, but rumour has it O2 (and Vodafone) have put their 4G roll out plans for Scotland on hold until after the independence referendum.

Might be rubbish, but there is some sense to it.

ewan

Message 10 of 42