Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Belfast

Nisky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting a 4G signal in Belfast  (BT4) Stormont area. Hope it's not just for the Giro D'Italia to fool the visiting media.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 There is not a lot of change of elevation over the area shown in the map.  But heavens above if signals can come and go between earth and Mars surely O2 could manage to get one a few miles round County Antrim.

Gerry 

Message 71 of 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

You would think so slight_smile
I like that little circle of 4G in the middle of the 3G area - what's all that about lol ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 72 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the circle is 3G. 4G is blue area @MI5
Gerry
Message 73 of 84

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Whatever way the colours are, I still found it amusing slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall I think there was an o2 press release yesterday about 4g reaching Belfast. Once they reach a certain percentage they go out to the press then continue the rollout process to bring 4g to more parts of the area.
Message 75 of 84

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I've finally joined the party, I got a 4G phone yesterday and a SIM sorted today in Ards. The helpful lass in the shop said Dundonald has got 4G and a short detour home confirmed my phone is working and Dundonald does indeed have coverage.

Sadly Moneyrea where I live still doesn't even have 3G coverage Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 84

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Clearly 4g is on its way in your principality. Keep checking back on the o2 website for further updates. o2 plan to roll out 25% of its masts this year alone to 4g.
Message 78 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to drag this thread up again, but my contract is up shortly and I was considering moving back to O2 if they had improved their service in my area.

Seems like they have upgraded the Moy to 4G. This is a small village that's about one street long in the middle of the country. Yet Armagh, one of the main cities in NI (and about a 10 minute drive from Moy) STILL hasn't been upgraded to 4G. Where is the sense in that?!?!

So, no 4G signal here so I won't be coming back to O2. I'll renew with EE and see how the land lies once that contract expires.
Message 79 of 84

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions