cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Network in Leeds & Bradford City Centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was quite shocked when I was in Leeds city centre and in Bradford city centre when using 4G. I ran a speedtest in both city centre and was shocked that I could only get between 6 and 8 Mbps! What happened to 4G being the fastest speed available? I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S5 which is 4G and uses cat 4 which in theory should reach 150 Mbps! What is going on? I get 34mbps download and 11mbps upload when at home which is 11 miles outside the city centre. Anyone know why? I was in an open space when trying the speedtest in both cities but your think that the cities would have the top 4G speeds. Leeds and Bradford were two of the first cities where o2 released 4G so you'd expect to speeds but I guess not.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @Cleoriff @MI5 @Anonymous

Like I said just thought I would pop by now the iPhone debacle has subsided.
Message 21 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you @Cleoriff @MI5 @Anonymous

Like I said just thought I would pop by now the iPhone debacle has subsided.

Naughty...leaving us to cope with it...all alone...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @MI5 I'll take a look at that
Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
From my experience if you report an issue re coverage / masts down through the MyO2 app you have a 50/50 chance of getting a call from Networks.

If you do they will follow your issue through but it takes time. If you don't, keep reporting it till you do.

Message 24 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not naughty @Cleoriff. I was just sick of it.

That said we ARE going off topic on this bit so best to keep it to 4g stuff 😀
Message 25 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Not naughty @Cleoriff. I was just sick of it.

That said we ARE going off topic on this bit so best to keep it to 4g stuff 😀

Agreed Nick. Good job you are here  to keep my off topic mouth straying...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous thanks for the advice. Didn't realise! I use the speedtest.net one made by ookla. I have had problems with my WiFi at home so been using it to test my WiFi speed to report to my bb provider. The news report actually pushed me to comment on here. Not likely we'll get a response from o2 on this!

My pleasure. 😄

Reporting speed tests and network issues via the MYNETWORK App is one of the few things you can do and hope they take your feedback onboard. 

Message 27 of 27