cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Network in Leeds & Bradford City Centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was quite shocked when I was in Leeds city centre and in Bradford city centre when using 4G. I ran a speedtest in both city centre and was shocked that I could only get between 6 and 8 Mbps! What happened to 4G being the fastest speed available? I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S5 which is 4G and uses cat 4 which in theory should reach 150 Mbps! What is going on? I get 34mbps download and 11mbps upload when at home which is 11 miles outside the city centre. Anyone know why? I was in an open space when trying the speedtest in both cities but your think that the cities would have the top 4G speeds. Leeds and Bradford were two of the first cities where o2 released 4G so you'd expect to speeds but I guess not.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sarcasm indeed it is (intended as light humour). In the South West 3g is virtually non existent and where you can get it congestion issues mean you can't use it.

So i always find it entertaining when people complain that they only get 15, 20, 30, 40 mbs on 4g.

Come to the South West my friends. Even David Cameron couldn't use his mobile in Cornwall hence today's announcements (on another thread).
Message 12 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Even David Cameron couldn't use his mobile in Cornwall hence today's announcements (on another thread).

I bet that upset him LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hey Nick...Good to see you back mate. Missed your wit on here...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I would make a cameo appearance @Cleoriff
Message 15 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

You're welcome. 😊

Do take into account running speed tests can eat 40mb + of your data allowance, depending on which speed test your using.
Message 16 of 27

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to see you back all the same slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to see you back all the same slight_smile

Indeed...missing the legal expertise....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous thanks for the advice. Didn't realise! I use the speedtest.net one made by ookla. I have had problems with my WiFi at home so been using it to test my WiFi speed to report to my bb provider. The news report actually pushed me to comment on here. Not likely we'll get a response from o2 on this!
Message 19 of 27

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No, O2 won't respond but you can download the O2 My Network app to report the speeds you are getting.
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Currently using:
Message 20 of 27