Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Coverage

chrismorris86
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

When is Stafford getting 4G coverage? Other parts of Staffordshire has 4G signal but not Stafford Town...

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

chrismorris86
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Well here we are, a new year and still no 4G coverage in my home of Stafford... my unborn daughter is developing faster the people at O2 ffs!!
Message 11 of 21

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If it's a viable option change to a network that gives you 4G.....

Good luck with the baby slight_smile

Message 12 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions
4g is one of those things you really want until you get it, then wonder what all the fuss was about.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124030 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
4g is one of those things you really want until you get it, then wonder what all the fuss was about.

True that ^^^^^ LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the O2 network via Giff Gaff. I am in the Stafford area near the showground and 3G only so far which averages just 30 kbps on a good day! I suspect a lot of network congestion during the day, at night (after 11.00 PM) it rockets to 7 Mbps, I'd settle for that 4G or not! Could be more to do with Giff Gaff than O2 who are known to throttle users on the network to make it go around. I also have 3 and EE both of which have 4G in Stafford at reasonably good speeds, alas their sim deals are not as good as Giff Gaff on the O2 network. I have improved indoor coverage by a passive signal booster aerial connected to a MiFi for up to 10 users which works quite well on both 3G and 4G, signals cost me £16.00 (aerial only!) from Amazon.

Message 15 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124030 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@Anonymous Signal boosters are only provided for O2 business customers and are unavailable for personal use. You should NOT be promoting these (from Amazon) on this site!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions
I think you'll be OK with a passive aerial but anything active is a big no no.
Giffgaff will also control your speeds depending on usage so if you download a lot you will also get throttled.
Normal o2/coverage around Stafford is usually quite good, I find.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124030 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I think you'll be OK with a passive aerial but anything active is a big no no.
Giffgaff will also control your speeds depending on usage so if you download a lot you will also get throttled.
Normal o2/coverage around Stafford is usually quite good, I find.

Apologies for that. I didn't quite get the difference....I saw signal booster and that was it...also thought the poster was promoting Amazon products....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions
A passive system is nothing more than an aerial like used for TV's
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear, the aerial is nothing more than that, it is not an illegal signal booster that amplifies the signal and then retransmits (illegal in the UK if you don't have a license). It is passive, i.e. only captures the signal that the mobile operator is transmitting as a mobile phone would from its internal aerial. In effect it becomes the phone's new aerial when plugged into the phone's jack point. Also, not to be confused with signal boosters that the operators provide for boosting via a broadband land line.

Update. This week my phone is sporadically picking up a 4G signal on the O2 network during the night (around 2.00 AM) near the Stafford show ground. Maybe some 4G testing going on by O2 engineers? Or did I just get lucky with a far away 4G mast? Don't see the signal in the day.

Message 20 of 21