cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I need some help. Basically i ordered my upgrade Saturday, my 3G stopped working on Monday on my old iPhone. Got home set up my new iPhone, did the number swop etc( all connected to wifi).
Today on my way to work I realised that my 3G isn't working still. After new iPhone and a sim swop.
I've done a network setting reset, I've also tested mobile.o2.co.uk in replacement of idata.o2.co.uk and it worked. Bt I'm not sure what issues that would be if I stayed on mobile and not idata so I'm back to square one again.

Please help.
Thank you.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions
Sounds like you need to call CS and get switched to iData package.
Call 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions
You can leave mobile.o2.co.uk for now until it's switched - It won't hurt anything but there will be some reduced functionality.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm I shall. But it's a mystery why the 3G stopped on my old iPhone suddenly. Hmm annoying.
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions
We may never know the answer - Maybe just a local mast issue at the time, but if "mobile" is working now it is definitely account settings related.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check your service status http://status.o2.co.uk and look here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

You could check with customer service on your account too.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions
mobile.o2.co.uk is working bob......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right I thought the op was having issues still.
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions
Only when changing the apn to iData wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm so an issue still does exist.

Hopefully Customer Service can clear this up then. slight_smile
Message 10 of 15