cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I need some help. Basically i ordered my upgrade Saturday, my 3G stopped working on Monday on my old iPhone. Got home set up my new iPhone, did the number swop etc( all connected to wifi).
Today on my way to work I realised that my 3G isn't working still. After new iPhone and a sim swop.
I've done a network setting reset, I've also tested mobile.o2.co.uk in replacement of idata.o2.co.uk and it worked. Bt I'm not sure what issues that would be if I stayed on mobile and not idata so I'm back to square one again.

Please help.
Thank you.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, data plan needs switching to iData (currently on standard) as I advised in the first answer above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Final point to note is that even after CS have switched your data tariff, it won't become active until the following day.
If you look in your "My O2" you will see the old data tariff will say "deleting" and then the next day the new one will show as "active".
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rang up they have done at their end. Active from tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.
Message 13 of 15

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome News.

Hopefully you can get back to enjoying the service and phone with the correct settings.
Message 15 of 15