cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G [data allowance] availability & cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a disgrace.

I have been an o2 customer for years and never have I felt so robbed. My tarrif allows me 1GB of data every month. Now unless your streaming movies or downloading a tireless amount of music 1GB of data is more than enough for the average user, regardless of how often you visit your social media pages. I'll admit, I play one game on my phone that would require 3G access, so what?

So this brings me to my problem. This month (and not limited to this month) I have exhausted the 1GB of data, added a further 500MB of data for £6.00, and another 500MB for £6.00 of which I have already used 80% (apparently). Please note that my background app refresh is OFF, 90% of my location services are OFF, and wi-fi is used 50% of every day.

o2, please explain why you are effectively stealing my hard earned cash. I'll probably phone you in not long given that your colleague I discussed this with on live chat wasn't the slightest bit interested. In fact after I told her how I felt about the situation she simply responded with "is there anything else I can help you with".

Please note that when my current contract expires I will not be renewing it with o2. I will be taking my business to another lender that handles unlimited data (as part of your tarriff). It's amazing to think that companies will provide unlimited data as part of your tarriff, but yet you aquire even more money in charging your customers extensivelly for it.

So what have you got to say for yourself? Let me guess, nothing.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunatly we are all customers here giving self help.

But what phone are you using as some have a breakdown by app of what is using your data.

You will need to contact customer services on 202 for advice on what they are seeing and if not happy follow the complaints process as linked to at the bottom of this community

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunatly we are all customers here giving self help.

But what phone are you using as some have a breakdown by app of what is using your data.

You will need to contact customer services on 202 for advice on what they are seeing and if not happy follow the complaints process as linked to at the bottom of this community

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147263 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
It's unlikely you will get an official o2 response on here mate as we are a customer based forum.....
Are you using an iPhone?
If so there are a few threads on her about high data usage and some tips to help....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 5.

I understand that live apps may use a significant amount of data however, using (and paying to use) 2GB of data every month on my phone is outrageous.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 147263 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Do a search of the forum to find other threads as I mentioned.
Also check if you have "send diagnostics and usage data" turned on as this uses a lot of data too.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I add a 1gb at £10 as I find that more cost effective than the 500mb option.

As you say "app refresh" I'm thinking you may be using an iPhone. (Probably wrong of me. :()

Data usage can be seen by each app in Settings , mobile and under each app will be its data usage.

This needs to be reset at every anniversary date.
Message 6 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if on ios7 check to see what app  is using the data in settings> mobile/cellular> scroll down and all usage since last reset is listed look for the culprit there

Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Not sure that diagnostic data is sent over the mobile network I thought it use your home adsl connection and sent when you connect to itunes ? http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12477

I have mine set to auto but see no mention in usage logs it has used my mobile data

Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 147263 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
I'm not sure either Adam but it was something suggested when this issue first kicked off a while back....
I turn it off on both our iPhones and never had any issues with data usage.....
Message 9 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

mine is on and no masive data usage here. (2g only lol)

Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 10