cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 times phoned up 02 trying to migrate 02 contract number to 02 pay monthly sim only

CaitlinR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey everyone,

bare with me here, first time using this but I’m hoping for some desperate help 😩

so I decided I wanted to cancel my contract since my monthly payment had gone up to £62 for my airtime and my device so I thought great I’ll just pay off the remaining balance of my device plan on the contract and cancel the contract and move over to a pay monthly sim only plan. 

I buy a new 12 month 02 monthly sim only plan and put it into my phone. I then get in contact with 02 using the 202 number and ask to cancel my contract and migrate my old number to my new sim. First I’m on the phone to a man and he says that he has started the migration process and that when my old account closes, I’ll receive a final bill with the remainder of the device plan… great thanks.

fast forward 2 days (it was the weekend) and my number hasn’t moved over so I phone up 202 again, this time I get put through to a lady who explains that the man last time did it wrong and that I have to get put through to the payment team to pay off the device plan there and then, great so I get put through to the payment team and pay off the remaining balance of my phone to cancel the contract, great all goes through and then I get put back through to the lady who proceeds with the migration, got told 24 hours and it will be moved over… it doesn’t. 

3rd Time, phone up 202 again, do the whole process again and the lady confirms the payment had gone through and I can see the funds are no longer pending in my account so this time the migration should happen, 24 hours later and here we are today and my old number still hasn’t moved over. 

I am at my wits end and I really don’t want to phone them up again to be told to wait 24 for nothing to happen, please can someone help me out 😩😩 Thankyou 🙂

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6605 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

And I'm sad to tell you there is no one here from O2. We are all customers and cannot access accounts.

Not sure is anything in here helps

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

There are big problems with the O2 payment system at the moment

All you can do is persist with customer service until the migration is sorted

Message 3 of 5

CaitlinR
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The payment went through successful and I can see on my old contract that it does say the device plan is paid off so I don’t think the payment is the problem now, I’m just so frustrated with being told to wait 24 hours and nothing happens 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@CaitlinR 

Whilst you need to persevere with Customer Services, you could also consider making a complaint :-  

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

The former link has a section headed Resolver. Several forum members have reported that Resolver were able to facilitate satisfactory outcomes with issues with O2.  

Message 5 of 5