cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Replacement phones in one week

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if i am posting in the correct place but i just wanted to vent some anger.

Since friday the 8th of march I have recieved 3 replacement phones for my HTC one x from o2 insure.

The first phone i received had issues with the touch screen  keyboard, the 2nd phone i recieved friday the 15th turned itself off saturday night and would not turn back on, and my 3rd phone that i recieved today constantly disconnects from my Wifi even though im 7 meters away from my router.

After spending most of my past week recieveing, spending a day customising and then having to return the phones im pee'd off!

On top of it all now o2 insure will collect my 3rd replacement tomorrow to take back and "test" which means i won't have a phone till friday / saturday (hopefully).

Id rather they just keep the damn phone and offer me a different phone like a samsung or anything that actually works. but instead they keep taking these broken phones they are sending me and returning another broken phone to me.

Is this grounds to cancel my contract without being forced to pay off the rest of it? Id rather take out another contract and get a better phone.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Fully understand your frustrations but I think a call to a decent CS rep will sort it for you.... and a gesture of goodwill payment wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
After 3 failures they should offer you a replacement phone. Ask CS what your options are.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have asked them to give me a new phone instead of a refurb but apparently the "procedure" is to collect this latest phone and check it over. 

Im not confident at all that the replacement phone will work (after 3 broken replacements) but everyone keeps giving me the run around. CS say its down to the insurance department they are saying we need to take it back to test it and im just getting completely annoyed with all the running around and im very close to telling my bank to stop all payments to o2.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Cancelling payments will just land you with a CCJ and not resolve anything. Stay calm and call CS explaining the facts and that 3 replacement HTC's have all been faulty and that you have no faith in the product and would like a Samsung. It's warranty repairs anyway, not insurance... or did you drop one and claim on your insurance?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The third phone was probably ok as you were close to the limit of the wi-fi range, and most are set to for wi-fi to sleep unless you turn that feature off.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The first replacement was because the screen was cracked from a drop. 

but the rest have just been faulty phones, Perksie i work as a IT technician so trust me when i say i've double checked all the settings and there is not a issue from that side of things.

Its more then likely the Wifi connectors in the phone are loose which also was a problem with the first phone i ever had and a common issue according to some searches. and since im sitting around 5-10 feet away from the Router i doubt im to far away.

Sorry for the bad language but put yourself in my position where im paying for a contract which i have not been able to use properly as i've been constantly replacing phones for the last week and a half.

And im paying for insurance which keep sending me faulty phones and not offering any other solution. they've probably spent a small fortune on sending and returning refurbed phones instead of just giving me a brand new one or a different device all together. 

I've been offered no compensation for my trouble and basically being sent around different departments of o2 being told "thats not our departments problem"

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Fully understand your frustrations but I think a call to a decent CS rep will sort it for you.... and a gesture of goodwill payment wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give it a try when i get out of work but im not hopefull at all, i'll update you on the matter slight_smile

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Good luck.... Remember a calm approach and statements of fact and fingers crossed you get a good CS rep (like one of the guys on here) slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
my galaxy s3 was the same i got it took it home the battery ran out then it wouldnt charge! so i was left with a phone which did not work and took it back a week later as i could not get to the shop! i was not compensated in any way and had to pay the full monthly bill even though i didnt have a working phone to use!!
Message 10 of 15