cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£20 for 2GB of data a month...do O2 import the data from Australia?

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

How on earth is this cost justified?  I'm on a 12 month £37 a month contract and pay £10 for £1GB of data - if I need another £2GB it's basically £57 a month? WTF?  Been with o2 for 12 years but their inability to offer cheaper data or unlimited is seeing me leave in Feb.

Pity really.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We all could use more data !

Try and use wifi when and where you can to help conserve your bundle data.

And remember you wont get charged for going over but throttled instead.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We all could use more data !

Try and use wifi when and where you can to help conserve your bundle data.

And remember you wont get charged for going over but throttled instead.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do agree, that compared to what you can get elsewhere with data, O2 is very expensive.

It really does depend on how much data you really require. I have been considering leaving O2 for the past year or so, as my contract was up and I fancied unlimited data.

But then I looked at my data usage on a normal month. I have wi-fi at home, wi-fi at work (that's 75% of my average month covered). Many places have free wi-fi such as pubs/cafes/hotels/macdonalds etc... and also O2's has a large amount of free wi-fi hotspots too.

Many people can avoid using a lot of mobile data, if they actually look for wi-fi spots, rather than just use their mobile data.

Since getting my new phone, I have my phone switched to wi-fi at home and wi-fi at work as standard, which makes sure that syncing data, downloading updates etc is done on wi-fi.

I do hope that O2 and indeed everyone offers unlimited mobile plans in the future.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay £5 a month  extra for  1gb of data instead of getting 1gb i now get 2gb a month.

Message 4 of 4