cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chiara,

I'm happy with the support service, my question is as to problems with communications. I am supposed to be in a good signal area, but the signal goes up and down, distortion and call drop outs!

O2 sent me a replacement SIM, which has made not a jot of difference to the problem.

I have had my SIM in the following phones, Razor V3, a cheapo big button phone, two different HTC desire's and a Nexus. I have the same problems.

The signal will be 4 bars and then drop off to 2, fade away briefly and often drop out altogether, I even had problems talking to customer support 4 drop outs and unintelligable conversations.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems as I know so far of 4 others friends and relatives experiencing the same troubles.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Chiara,

I'm happy with the support service, my question is as to problems with communications. I am supposed to be in a good signal area, but the signal goes up and down, distortion and call drop outs!

I've asked for your post to be moved as it is off topic here and better in a new thread.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chiara,

No problem, thanks.

Further info on this item. Dealing with Chat on O2, just went round in circles, obviously if it does not fir the script, they struggle. Same advice, try another phone, tried 4 different phones, get a new SIM, O2 sent me one, the last offering was go to the local O2 shop!

I contacted O2 direct, explained the problem, they put me through to Network folk, the guy was very helpful and is getting engineers to check network conditions locally (Teesside area), II have a mast within visual about 250 yards away and the signal still goes up and down!

Network folk will be contacting me within 5 days, I will post outcomes on here.

Anyone else having similar problems???

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You've certainly had your fair share of issues with signal !

Lets hope they come back with something positive regarding this.

I have read before that its not a defining factor being so close to a mast.

Please let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am awaiting outcome, network contacted me and told me they will be getting someone to look into it, will be contacting me in about 5 days!

Anyone else having similar problems?????

Message 5 of 5