cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 year contracts automatically renewed for further 2 years or rolling 30 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to O2 my 2 year contract was renewed in June last year which I take to mean I have 9 months to go....however I don't ever remember renewing my O2 contract and certainly wouldn't for further 2 years. O2 have my pre 2012 address on their records......so haven't contacted me - have they automatically renewed for a further 2 years or do they renew onto a rolling 30 day contract once the original 2 years has expired?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
It automatically drops to a 30 day rolling contract if you do nothing. Did you change it to a sim only tariff at all or did you just do nothing?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did nothing...I haven't had any contact with O2 for a long, long time. So I assume I can just switch to another provider with 30 days notice to O2?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Yes, that should be correct.
Look in your "My O2" and it should confirm if you are out of contract or not http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

If you agreed nothing and just let the contract run you are on a 30 day rolling contract and free to leave with 30 days notice. As @MI5 says your renewal date should be noted in My O2.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A quick call to O2 Cust serv on 202 will officially clarify the situation.
Message 6 of 6