Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 Unknown 'international text message' charges

BSC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This month's bill contains 'additional charges' of £8.10, which once I downloaded the bill is a total of 18 charges of 0.45p for 'international text messages'.  No dates listed, only my mobile number listed next to them.  I have no idea what these refer to--any ideas?

I have an iPhone and regularly use it for imessages with my family in the US.  Have done so for years with none of these strange charges appearing; have not traveled in the time of the billing period. 

I send plenty of pic messages, and can track the relevant pic message charges in another part of the bill, which leaves me confused as to what, exactly, these 'international text message' charges are--and all the more confused given there's not even a listed number as recipient.  Anyone come across something like this before or have an idea of what it could be?  Worth calling? I'm trying to avoid losing too much time in my day.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BSC 

The only thing I can think that might have happened is if iMessage failed at either end and the message was sent as an SMS. Are any of the messages in your thread "green" rather than "blue"?

Other than that a call to CS is the only option.

If you call 202 around 8.00am you should get through quickly though......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BSC 

The only thing I can think that might have happened is if iMessage failed at either end and the message was sent as an SMS. Are any of the messages in your thread "green" rather than "blue"?

Other than that a call to CS is the only option.

If you call 202 around 8.00am you should get through quickly though......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @BSC, did the above suggestions help you underestand better what happened? If you need to get in touch with Customer Service to understand the charges, just to add, you can find all ways to contact O2 and get help in our Guide: How to find help & contact O2 slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3