Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£150 to upgrade early

Rachel66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I broke my phone today it was still working it would still ring etc but a blank screen. I went into 02 to upgrade. Upgrade was not due till May next year. 7 months to go. Got charged to £150. Have normally been with Carphone. Assistant wasn't interested in helping with broken phone or giving any deals etc. Even thought iv been getting texts off o2 about upgrading just wish I could remember what they said. Have u been ripped off and where do I complain to??
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Rachel66 

The amount you pay depends on your contract.

It is your monthly payment x the number of months remaining.

Based on your numbers, I guess your contract was around £21.00 per month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Rachel66 

I'm not sure what you have to complain about?

Everyone agrees to pay a minimum term for their contract and if you want to upgrade early, you have to pay up first.

O2 may have offered you an early upgrade in the past but those are time limited deals.

Sorry, but you've not been treated any different to any other customer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Rachel66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, OK, I only wanted to know if £150 was the norm for a 7 month early upgrade. Or if I was being ripped off. Seems a bit steep. I don't even have a fancy phone  no iPhone  just a Samsung a.oh well must take more care but accidents happen 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Rachel66 

The amount you pay depends on your contract.

It is your monthly payment x the number of months remaining.

Based on your numbers, I guess your contract was around £21.00 per month.

Message 4 of 4