cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day change of mind policy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I got a monthly contract out today and heard that you have 14 days to change your mind. Going to end my contract as family or on a bolt on that doesnt let them ring me. (favourite place i think)
So, what i want to know is will i get charged anything for ending it? Also, the already moved my old number over to the contract phone so is there any way to move it back. Woman i spoke to on phone from o2 shop was abit rude so didnt want to ask any more questions.
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can always use your 14 days return period, they will charge you pro rata on the number of days you had this phone and will also charge you for calls of if you have made outside your allowance.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can always use your 14 days return period, they will charge you pro rata on the number of days you had this phone and will also charge you for calls of if you have made outside your allowance.

Incorrect.
If cancelling within 14 days there is no tariff charge to pay, pro rata or otherwise, but you would have to pay for any usage.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replies. Leaving phone back tomorrow so would i have to pay for the usage then or do they take it out of my account when bill is due
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will produce a final bill 14 days after the line disconnects. Pay nothing yet as you will have been billed already for a month in advance. As well as charging your usage, the final bill will also credit the tariff charges on that bill back to you.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before you get carried away. You said in your first post that they can't call you got free using a bolt-on and then call it Favourite Place - which is a tariff not a bolt-on. Putting that aside, is the problem with the free calls just that you haven't waited the couple days before your ported number is recognised as O2?
Message 6 of 6