cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 travel is a big con

Anonymous
Not applicable
I activated the 02 travel 31st july to travel europe, i have been issued with a £391.73 bill on recent charges, at first they said the countries i was in wasnt included in the 02 travel pack and when i provided them with the countries included and proved i was in them countries they apologised and said there was a technical problem and worse thing is im still being charged as im still abroad and also they have put a bar on my phone so its on 'no service' when i raised this issue they said its automatic we cant do anything about it. Im absolutely disgusted with 02, im unable to use my fone at all.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 124289 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It is going to be virtually impossible to sort this out whilst abroad. You have tried again today to no avail. As you have a cheap PAYG phone you can use pro-tem I would leave this now until you get home. Pointless getting more and more stressed about it. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and let us know what happens when you get back slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 124289 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Turkey, spain and albania @Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous If you look at this chart you will see only Spain is £1.99 a day. Turkey is £3.99 a day and Albania is £4.99 a day

O2 travel countries.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147056 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28285 Solutions
All countries covered by o2 travel so shouldn't land you a £400 bill, that's for sure!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more. I have had O2 travel since 2014. Beware the new "improved" service. I received a text telling me that for £4.99 per day I could get unlimited data and 120 free minutes in US. Just travelled there - when I arrived revived a text saying "Welcome to USA. You are On O2 travel so keep your phone on and get all the data, texts and minutes you need for just £4.99 per day" Being extra cautious went on live chat to double check this was the case - no strings. This was confirmed. So I used it, staying well within my 120 mins. Checked my bill part way through my trip and was showing over £400 bill for international calls. Spent over an hour on live chat and then phone to resolve. Both confirmed I had O2 travel and shouldn't be charged and they didn't know why .i was being,  but all they could do was "escalate" and get me to fill in a form to try and get a refund. Really?! How hard is it to say sorry, we told you in writing twice what you had so we won't bill you for it. Time to move providers

Message 14 of 16

MI5
  • 147056 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28285 Solutions
Seems like it may be the new countries that are causing the problem then?
One for @Toby to feedback?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I got the £4.99/day text when we went to Japan but I didn't use it. Quite glad I didn't if there is a system issue affecting the new countries, though I did try it for one day in Thailand. Data wise, service was quite abysmal but I was only charged the £4.99 stated.

Message 16 of 16