cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 £3.50 rip off charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set up new bank direct debit details on 02 website as they advise save time go online.

Two days after payment should have been taken i recieve a text from 02 telling me my bill hadn't been paid and they would add £3.50 onto my next bill if i didn't pay in the next four days. Very high handed and impersonal.

Phoned 02 and they said my fault as i didn't phone customer services to tell them what i was doing and i had changed my details only three or four days before payment was due.

I asked if they could carry the bill over to the next month and they refused also telling me i could be disconnected which then would mean me having to pay a reconnection charge.

Been an 02 customer for many years but the way they have treated me makes me sick.

Come October my contract will be up and myself and other family members will be leaving 02 and will never return.

Disgusted with 02

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's more likely to be case of changing without the 6 working days notice the direct debit system needs to update with your bank. A bit offhand but you were given correct advice. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's more likely to be case of changing without the 6 working days notice the direct debit system needs to update with your bank. A bit offhand but you were given correct advice. 

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was never told of the 6 day rule but I know it was probably 4 days but they still had a bad attitude to a loyal customer
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Various ways to complain officially here if you feel the need but 6 days is standard for any banking changes for anything in the UK http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4